“The eye should learn to listen before it looks.” Robert Frank
Photographic art is a form of expression, and excellent photographers frequently exhibit their work in the same manner that artists do with their paintings. A photograph conceals a secret. Images not only open the door to the past, but also to the future. As the adage goes, a picture is worth a thousand words… the act of creating long-lasting photographs by recording light, actually creates memories and records life, which we treasure throughout our lives.
As the world celebrates World Photography Day on August 19th, G.D.Goenka, Srinagar is holding a inter- grade photography contest based on several themes to commemorate this day. The primary goal of these activities is to assist students in honing their photography skills while also familiarizing them with their surroundings. The guidelines of the event are given below:
- The photography competition is available to students in grades 5 through 11. The themes for each grade level are listed at the end of the guidelines. Students must submit entries that are only related to their themes.
- The registration for the competition can be done using the link given below:
- The images must be taken only using a mobile phone camera.
- The deadline for submitting entries is 10 a.m. on August 16, 2021. After the deadline has passed, no entries will be accepted.
- Entries must be the contestant’s own work and must have been shot between August 8, 2021 and August 15, 2021.
- Digitally modifying, removing, or changing things in a photograph, as well as
adding special effect enhancements to photo submissions, is not allowed and will result in disqualification.
- Images should be sent in high-resolution PDF, PNG, or JPEG format. There will be no RAW or TIFF photos permitted. The file size should not be more than ten megabytes.
- The photo must not contain any content that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, animal atrocities, as well as copyright infringement.
- The image can’t be used to promote any brands or trademarks.
- The photo must be a single work of original material captured by the contestant in its entirety.
- Grades 5 through 8 can submit a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 (five) photos, while Grades 9 through 11 can submit a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 7 (seven) images for their assigned theme. For each photo contributed, write a one-line caption describing what is occurring in the photo, why it is happening, where it is happening, and when it was taken.
- All submissions must be addressed to email@example.com
- In the address bar of your email, type your name, class, section, roll number, and admission number in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- The judges’ verdict will be final, and there will be no further discussion.
- One winner and two runners up will be announced from each category , in case there are 3 of more entries for each theme, through our school website on August 19, 2021.
Grade 5: Screening Spirituality ..Shrines in Kashmir
Grade 6: Kashmir Arts…. Unique craftsman
Grade 7: Pollution in Srinagar city… A growing nuisance
Grade 8: Architectural heritage of Srinagar…..
Grade 9-11: any of the two,
- Life in Dal Lake…. Living in Water
- Child Labour…Dying humanity
- Registration open from 08-08-2021 to 09-08-2021
Email for submitting Entries: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of any query contact: 7889834791