With the world becoming an increasingly complex place, children need to grasp new ways of learning to prepare themselves to participate in the future workforce. There is an axiom saying that “children of today are the artists of tomorrow”. The architect qualities can only be developed when the students are given various opportunities of learning and also should know the achievements and landmarks of various branches of knowledge. So they should be provided with such activities that help them to gain knowledge of all branches including Mathematics. The National mathematics study committee report also stresses the need for teaching mathematics is to make children think creatively, act creatively and do creatively.
However, in the current context of Covid-19 lockdowns and restriction of movements, children have constrained access to any of such activities. School closures are preventing children from access to learning and limiting their interactions with teachers, peers and others social groups.
Intending to fill these lacunae in education and learning, we at G.D. Goenka Public School, are aiming at keeping the mathematical vigour alive by organizing computational projects like Online Multiplication Quiz, where students from Grade 4 to Grade 6 will participate. This quiz will act as a tool that will enable children to come out of stress, fear, and anxiety. Such activities and methods will keep children engaged positively and provide them a platform to express themselves.
OBJECTIVES OF THE QUIZ:
• To develop critical thinking and mathematical fluency among children.
• To make the children learn mathematical attitude.
• To develop the skill of answering precisely.
• To develop a situation for children to understand and to answer immediately.
• To exercise the practice of brief answering in a limited time.
Guidelines for the Quiz:
Multiplication Mania is a quiz competition between the students of grade 4 to grade 6 which will be conducted online in four.
• Round-1 is an open round where all the students from grade 4-to grade 6 are allowed to participate.
• The quiz will be available on the school website on the due date.
• Students will receive Id- Password from their home-room teacher to get access to the link for the quiz.
• The total time duration of the quiz will be 30 minutes.
• There shall be a total of 60 Multiple-choice questions.
• In round-1questions will be asked to assess the knowledge of multiplication tables up to 15
• There shall be no negative marking.
• Attempting all questions is compulsory.
• Once submit button is clicked, the score and time shall be saved and no changes can be made thereafter.
• The candidate has to log in using his/her user Id and password. Login is allowed only once.
• The final selection will be based on the maximum score obtained and the minimum time taken.
• The First 5 high scorers from each section will be selected for the second round.
• Questions in round -2 will be based on knowledge and understanding of multiplication concepts.
• The selected students will get a new user ID and Password. The date and time of the quiz will be intimated three days before the quiz.
• The time duration of the quiz will be 30 minutes.
• There shall be a total of 30 MCQ’s and attempting all Questions is compulsory.
• Only two candidates from each section will be selected for the third round.
• Rest of the rules will be the same as in round -1.
• The questions in round -3 will be based on knowledge, understanding, and application of multiplication concepts.
• The selected students will get a new user ID and Password.
• The date and time of the quiz will be intimated three days before the quiz.
• Only one finalist from each grade will be selected for the final round.
• Rest of the rules will be the same as in round -1 and round -2
• Round 4 will be a rapid fire round.
• Finalists of Round 3 will be eligible for this round.
• The final procedure of this round will be intimated only after the completion of Round 3.
By this the multiplication Quiz will be concluded….
Stay Home, Stay Safe
And Multiply your Joys !!!