(Festival of Breaking Fast/Ramadhan Festival)
Eid is an Arabic word meaning “Festivity”, while Fitr means “To Break Fast”, and so the holiday symbolizes the breaking of the fasting period. It is celebrated by the worldwide muslim community.
In this regard, Grade 1 has scheduled an online interactive session on 17 May 2021, where in children will be participating in any of the following topics:
- Importance of Ramadhan
- How we celebrate Eid.
- Any Dua or Naat e shareef which they have learnt
- Singing any Eid song in colourful dresses.
- Speak about how we can help poor and needy ( By giving Alms)
- Preparing any sweet dish and sharing it virtually through zoom classes.
- Making of an Eid card/Eid wishes for friends etc.
The main objective of this session is to inculcate the Importance of Ramadhan in our lives and how it purifies the soul of a Muslim.
The festival brings sympathy, brotherhood and love, hence takes away hatred, jealousy and hostility from our hearts.Empathy for those who are less fortunate, thus encouraging actions of generosity and compulsory charity ( Zakat/Sadqah-Alms giving).